Now is the time to be planning ahead and looking at your workplace travel planning measures and to see how you can encourage and support your employees to change to a greener commute. As an employer, we should look to implement the right policies to support employees working from home longer term and ultimately reduce the need to travel as much as we used to. For many it’s likely that a blended approach to office and home working will be the new normal.
The past year has demonstrated that, as a nation, we can change our travel behaviour and in many cases our working patterns too. This is now the time to put in place measures and support to enable your employees to maintain these changes in travel behaviour in 2021 and beyond.
Travelknowhow Scotland is an online resource which offers organisations across Scotland FREE, easy access to a wide variety of travel planning solutions which help with the development and implementation of measures to engage with their employees in order to start changing travel behaviour to and from their own workplace.
The website offers:
- access to travel planning information and links to local resources;
- specialist travel planning advice;
- specialist marketing advice to aid employee engagement;
- practical hints and tips; and
- adaptable downloadable templates aimed at providing cost effective internal and external communications.
Significant business benefits to be gained
Encouraging more active and sustainable travel options to employees not only has a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of your workforce but brings with it significant business benefits too.
- save money on the cost of providing and maintaining parking spaces
- save money on energy bills in offices as well as reviewing office lease arrangements.
- solve problems caused by demand for parking
- cut mileage claims and other business travel costs
- reduce staff downtime spent travelling on business
- reduce the costs of running a fleet
- solve delivery and customer access problems caused by traffic congestion around your site
- improve your image with both customers, suppliers and neighbours
- improve staff health and reduce absenteeism
- help recruit and keep staff by making journeys to work easier and cheaper
- improve your corporate social responsibility reputation.
- Stay Travel Safe
Make sure you are providing employees with the most up to date information. Visit www.transport.gov.scot
We can provide FREE hands on support
Book your FREE consultancy time and let us help you to plan ahead. Get in touch today at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find us at: