As we work our way out of this COVID-19 pandemic, it is key that we are all doing our bit and following the government advice.
Travelknowhow Scotland offers employers a central point for advice and support to help you navigate these difficult times and put in place active and sustainable travel measures that allow your employees to follow the Stay Travel Safe guidance.
We are here to support employers to :
- Enable home working to remain if at all possible.
- Take a look at our section on flexible working arrangements for links to various guidance on how to best support your employees continuing to work from home.
- Encourage their employees to walk, wheel or cycle where possible.
- Our Taking Action section has a wealth of ideas on how to encourage walking and cycling within your workplace and links to various partner organisations that offer awards schemes, challenges and various training courses to support your efforts.
- Share the relevant road and public transport advice and encourage forward planning.
- Traveline Scotland.com has a FREE, easy to install journey planner widget that businesses can add to their own website allowing their employees to plan their journey to work quickly and easily using the most up to date public transport information. Also provides cycle route information.
- Share current safety guidance with their employees.
- Access to all the current and up-to-date government guidance – Stay Travel Safe.
- Look at alternatives working patterns to help ease congestion and avoid travel during peak times.
- Take a look at our guidance on flexible working arrangements for suggestions on how to accommodate a more flexible approach to working hours particularly at the current time.
Get in touch today – If you are looking for some additional information or support to help you with the implementation of active and sustainable travel measures at this time, please get in touch with the team at:firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can also find us at www.facebook.com/tkhscotland/ and www.linkedin.com/company/travel-know-how-scotland/